Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pet of the Month: Estopinha Rossi

Reproduction from Estopinha's Facebook page




Estopinha Rossi is a Brazilian celebrity dog. The 5 years old girl has more than a million and a half followers at Facebook where she campaigns for pet adoption and shares her photos, moments and videos from her own You Tube channel.

 Alexandre Rossi,  well known as Dr. Pet, name of his first TV show, adopted Estopinha a few years ago. He is very popular animal behaviorist in Brazil with many books published.  Rossi is currently presenting  Missão Pet, a National Geographic channel production. Estopinha works with Alexandre as an assistant and calls her parents "papi" and "mamis". Of course the little one has a very busy schedule. When we sent an email  to interview her (yes, she has a email address ), she barked "yes", and asked for a list of questions. So with you Estopinha's first Petzi interview:

- How did you meet and chose your parents?

The day my "papis" adopted was the happiest of my life. I was returned twice and workers of the rescue didn't know what else to do. They even thought about putting me to sleep. But my "papis" saved me and trained me so now I am an educated girl. When I saw my mom-to-be for the first time, we fell in love. The second time I saw her I liked her so much that I ate her shoe! (Barking out loud)! I enjoyed so much to bring their wedding rings. It was such a special day and I loved making part of it.

- What is your favorite activity?

They are so many! I like to go out on a walk, run, to destroy little dog toys and hide-and-seek. I also love to sleep.

- How come you are so well-behaved?

My dad is educating me all the time because I have a strong personality! I am boisterous and messy, but with papi's love and patience I learned how to follow orders.

-Do you prefer treats, dog food or bones?

My favorites are beef and salami treats! Yummm!

-What would you say for a human who is willing to have a dog?

I think that all humans should have a dog, because a dog brings lots of benefits for the owners (and this is scientifically proven). I understand when people want to buy dogs but I would be happier if they consider adopting one. Here's one tip: adopt an adult dog so you already know her  size and  personality. It's easier to fulfill the owners expectations this way, than buying a pup and not knowing if she is going to be calm or agitated.








No comments:

Post a Comment