Sunday, November 2, 2014

My Cat Cafe World Trip- Part One

By Anna Muggiati

Forget about my former travel plans to visit all the alive panda bears when I become an old lady. When I reach my 70's, I will celebrate my birthday to be an official cat lady visiting cat cafes around the world.

So, before you start asking yourself what exactly is a cat cafe, I will be brief: It's a place where you go for a cappuccino or a tea and might be able to pet or just watch cats going around doing their cute kitty activities, or just being adorable. Most of them are also a cat adoption center and have partnerships with rescue groups and shelters.

So my cat cafe travel plan starts here and on the next and final part I will enlist the cat cafes I want to visit in Asia and the MiddleEast -- and probably the one that is the birthplace of this amazing concept, in Taiwan! For now some in North America and Europe!

 The first cat cafe in the US: Lauren's photo at Cat Town Cafe from their Facebook page


Cat Town Cafe - Oakland, California - That will be easy. It opened last week and it is the first cat cafe in the US! I will try to get there as soon as I can make a reservation. For this one, I won't have to wait for the international trip, as I live about an hour away by car. I am really excited about this one, and to be lucky enough to meet the founders soon, as Adam Myatt, aka as The Catman of West Oakland made a extensive search of cat cafes in Japan to find inspiration.

KItTea - San Francisco, California - I am thrilled that this project is going well and is successfully raising money to open its doors soon. The concept is to have about 10 cats around, all for adoption, while giving them a high quality of life. The place has a bit of a different idea on relaxation, so a kettle of tea will replace the noisy coffee machines and will have a dream like environment for their resident kitties.

The Cat Cafe - San Diego - Also fundraising, it has a similar plan as the other cat cafes that are also an adoption center. Looking forward to go there, as in San Diego I can see also pandas (my original project).

Café des Chats, Montreal, Canada- Opened very recently it looks like a very nice place. Very good looking cats are available for petting while coffee is served. They were all adopted. Can't wait to visit there!

Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium, London - Nested in one of the artsy neighborhoods of London, they are serving tea while their rescued cats are having fun. No adoptions there, but gazing their beauties is going to be awesome. Really elegant!




Les Café des Chats, Paris, France - At the heart of Marais, this promises to be more of a gourmet experience, as cats stroll along. Opened last year, the café offers also a brunch, and has very restrictive rules about their adopted cats. Sounds like an intriguing visit.

La Gatoteca, Madrid - Ok, now they got me on this one. Not just coffee and cats, but also Yoga classes with the cats!!! Also, they have cats for adoption, and an extensive list of courses for humans to understand about cats.

Neko Café - Turin, Italy - I hope I that when I get there I will meet cats as cute as Felix, Matisse and Fausto! The first Italian cat café has an extensive menu and you can actually have dinner there as they specialize in vegan and vegetarian organic dishes! From the web, the Italian Cat café is by far the one that has the most detailed FAQ and a very well humored one. Just check it out : http://www.nekocafe.it/faq-neko-cafe

Café Neko - Vienna, Austria - I had to go to Yelp to see what this is really about. The reviews are awesome and the place looks like the ultimate cool spot to be sipping hot drinks and tasting japanese delicacies.







1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful idea! The links are moving, as the whole idea. Actually cafes are a good way to draw together compatible people, and create good energy, while helping our furred friends.

    ReplyDelete